Friday, April 3, 2009

Honesty is the best policy right?

I debated posting this but whatever. My blog isn't about having the perfect life, with perfect kids and especially not perfect parents!


Now time for my pity party! I have been feeling like such a crappy mom. I can not tell you the last time all the laundry was done, bathrooms clean, floor mopped and vacuumed and kitchen clean at the same time.

I used to be so proud of my clean house, I liked it when Alan came home and the beds were made, rooms were clean, kids were happy.

For the past 10 weeks it has been nothing like that, likely Alan will come home after a shift to dishes in the dishwater, kids who need diaper changes and breakfast and a very tired wife. I can not think of one day in the past 10 weeks were I felt like myself. I have made dinner maybe 20 times.

I feel like I am letting my family down, but literally can not come up with the energy to do everything if really much of anything. I am lucky my kids make it through the day fed and clean!

I know the first trimester is the worse, and I am almost through, but it just seems like I am treading water and getting no where fast.

Vent over. Sorry!
Not looking for anything just needed to get it out.

3 comments:

Brie said...

So what if the dishes arent done? We all know what happens to the dishes at my house! Its not like you are sitting at home staring at the wall... YOU ARE GROWING ANOTHER HUMAN!!! That takes work and add on top of that keeping two little kids entertained in the winter. That cannot be easy. You have a few more weeks of crappy feeling and then you will get the second trimester energy boost and then you will nest. All of this will be forgotten. You took time of out of your day to play in the snow with your kids, that is what makes you a great mom. NOT whether or not the bed is made.

Me-Ma said...

I say AMEN to what Brianne said. You and Brianne are both great moms and Daddy and I couldn't be prouder of the job you guys are doing as parents. I remember those days of no energy and feeling helpless to keep up with it all. The key is, I doubt you guys remember it. Preston and Gracie are going to remember the fun times you guys have together not whether or not the laundry was done! By the way, someone needs to tell Preston a snowball fight is about throwing snowballs at each other, not at the trees:)

Sharee said...

I think we all feel like that sometimes. Pregnant or not pregnant!