Saturday, February 7, 2009

Why two year olds should never be left alone

This morning I had a primary activity, one of the things I needed was dice for a game. I couldn't find single dice so I had to buy the game of Yahtzee. I had opened the package and left it out on the counter, where Preston found it. He was happily playing with the little nickle sized yellow chips in the box. I went downstairs to switch the laundry and when I came back up... they were GONE. There were 8 chips!

Here is the conversation that ensued:

Me: Preston where are those yellow chips

Preston: In my tummy

Me: YOU ATE THEM!

PRESTON: Yea, they are taking a nap in my tummy

Me: WHY!

Preston: I don't know

So after a call to the Pediatrician's office, we were told he would pass them on his own! Oh, what a lovely diaper that will be!

I guess I should not be surprised, this is the kid whose diaper I found a contact in! Apparently, he had dug out a dry contact from the trash, eaten it and there it was all nice and hydrated in his poop a few days later!

Also, as my mom just today apparently found out, I remember being a kid and cleaning my room, instead of putting coins in a jar where they go, I would swallow them!

4 comments:

Brie said...

Seriously, how did you keep a straight face? that is a great Preston-ism!!!

Brie said...

ps Im never, ever playing yahtzee at your house!

Sharee said...

Ha ha! I shouldn't laugh but how does a kid go about eating those chips? LOL! Sounds like he takes after his Mommy...ha ha!

Anonymous said...

dang...what a little garbage gut. Hope everything comes out okay. hahahahahaha