Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Grace is here!!!!

Well as I mentioned in my previous post, we had scheduled a C-Section for Friday, December 28th. I woke up at about 1 am Friday morning and just laid in bed for a while, at 3 am I got up to go to the restroom and my contractions started. We got to the hospital at about 4 am and they told me I was in labor and gave me the option of keeping my scheduled C-section or attempting a VBAC. Since I had really wanted a VBAC in the first place I choose to attempt it and see what happened. Thankfully, it was successful and I had her the natural way at 8:43 pm December 28, 2007. She weighed 8 lbs and measured 21 1/2 in. It was a great experience with the exception of having to wait over an hour for my epidural (man I was in pain) She is beautiful, she looks allot like her brother did and has a nice little mullet!!!



Preston is adjusting well, thankfully Alan is his favorite person so he is getting to spend alot of time with him. He is warming up to her more each day.



We are glad to be home and will keep everyone updated!

Here is a link to a slideshow with all our pics!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v707/hmontgomery/Grace/?action=view&current=feeb44f2.pbw

1 comment:

Toby and Tammy said...

YEA! So glad she is finally here. We sure were thinking of you on the 28th. Glad everything went well. Loved the slide show and can't wait to see more photos of baby Grace!