Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Hail

Yesterday we were supposed to get some really bad storms. Around 5 it started raining, then about 10 minutes later down came the hail. It went from pea size to golf ball size in about 30 minutes. Alan was at the station, they ran a call during the storm and got a big crack in their windshield. Luckily we have a garage and I was able to move the car into it before the storm started.





Since I didn't know how long the storm would last or if it would turn into tornadoes (I mean we are in Kansas!) I had Preston sleep downstairs with me (our room is in the basement and his is on the main floor) Now mind you we have a king size bed and there is plenty of room to spread out, but Preston insisted on literally sleeping on op of me most of the night, I had to physically move him when I need to feed Gracie and then he would just come right back. Needless to say I am very tired this morning. And a little grumpy!

Here are some pictures of Gracie from Sunday. This was the dress she had to wear for Easter:



6 comments:

Toby and Tammy said...

That hail is crazy! I haven't seen hail like that in years. Glad nothing got hurt.
Preston cracks me up-he needs lots of room!
Gracie's dress is beautiful!!! She's so cute.

Sharee said...

That Gracie is such a little doll! Glad you didn't have any damage from the hailstorm. Haven't seen hail that big for awhile around here.

Brie said...

Garden City was on GMA this morning because of this! Crazy! It reminds me of summers in Co.Springs when it would hail like that and MaMa would put them in the freexer...not sure what she did with them later though,

mrs_stailey said...

Hey Heather! I just wanted to say hi and that your babies are beautiful.

Kimberly said...

yOUR KIDS ARE GETTING SO BIG! (AND CUTE!)

mrs_stailey said...

Now that I think about it, you probably don't know who this is. Tammy Sanchez, now Stailey. http://thestaileys.blogspot.com/