Friday, August 15, 2008

Thanks Babe

Today was my birthday, I got upset earlier this week because I though Alan hadn't planned anything special for me, I know pretty selfish.

However, Alan proved me wrong and by far made my day the most special day of the year.

He called me from the fire station to wish me a happy birthday this morning. Then came home with a card. He told me to be ready when he got home at 5. At about 4 there was a knock on the door, it was flowers and a balloon. Then when we left to go to one of our favorite restaurants, he wanted to stop by the station to get a paper, he said there was some special article in it. He showed it to me and even though it took me a while, I saw he had put a birthday announcement in there for me. While we were eating, he asked if I wanted dessert, I said not really and kept eating, he kept asking me when I would be finished, finally I finished and when I did, the waiter showed up with a birthday cake for me, Alan had dropped it off on his way home. We went bowling after that and then to end the night, he bought me a Wii!

Thank you Alan, you are the best husband I could have asked for!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Alan!!!! Thanks for making my little girl's birthday special. Not only are you a great husband (and father to my grandbabies), you are a great son-in-law!! :)

Brie said...

WOW... a wii! Good job Alan! He needs to tell Adam to forget my birthday this year and get me something cool like that! You better bring that thing on the cruise!

mrs_stailey said...

That's awesome! Way to go Alan! Now how are you going to top that one?

Bethany said...

Wonderful! Sounds like you had a great birthday!