Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Tree is up

Alan had a rare day off yesterday, so we bundled up the still sick kids and went to Home Depot to pick out the tree. I am happy with what we got, it is not to big or small, it may not be full and fluffed like a fake tree or as stick straight but it is good!

We put the tee up when we got home and I now understand the frustrations of my dad from my childhood! We finally resorted to wood blocks to help keep it straight.

It is amazing how uninterested the kids were in the plain tree before they went down for naps, when they woke up it is all the can do not to touch it. Preston even reminded himself out loud while looking at it, "I do not want to go to timeout"



Gracie has sort of graduated to sippy cups, she will drink some of her milk out of them



2 comments:

TJ-n-Crystal said...

That is an exceptionally beautiful tree!! And the picture of the kids are awfully cute too.

Anonymous said...

I think you tree is perfect! I can't wait to see everyone in a few weeks. :):)