Monday, July 28, 2008

Not as young as we think!

This past weekend Alan had a charity softball game to play in, guns vs hoses. The game was supposed to start at 11 so I got the kids out of the house and went to get some cash, Alan called at like 10:45 and said they were starting early, I got there at 11 and walked up to the dugout to see Alan sitting on the bench with ice on his foot, he had slid into second base and hurt his ankle, he wasn't even safe! I asked what he wanted to do and he said go to the hospital! So I wheel the kids back to the car while two firefighters carry Alan, I really wanted to take a picture but decided to give him some shred of dignity! It turns out he has a severe sprain and has to stay off it for a few days. So I am at home taking care of three kids! Alan isn't really a kid and he is being a trooper about it. He is just proud he didn't cry in front of his coworkers and the police on the other team! I have reminded him several times he is no longer 16 and in a little over a year he will be 30!

My cousin Jason his wife Amber and their two boys Wyatt and Noah also came to visit on Saturday. While Alan hung out at home we went to the zoo. It was HOT outside, we had fun though.


I am not using a zoom at all you can get that close to the animals!




I actually stuck my camera through the fence. They were really close.














And lastly, Gracie is crawling, well at least her version of it, she has been moving herself from point to point for a few weeks but she is now starting to move her hands and get places faster:

Click to play Crawling
Create your own free ecard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox free ecard







Oh Yeah, this is something I have neglected to blog about, Alan made this stool for Preston, he loves it, Alan did a great job!

2 comments:

Brie said...

Preston and Noah are ADORABLE together! I'm jealous you got to see Jason and Amber.
Gracie looks soooo cute with her new headband!
and tell Alan we hope he feels better.

Anonymous said...

Go Gracie! I love her "inchworm" crawl (hate that smilebox thing though!) It's pretty hard to crawl in a skirt, but she has it figured out:):)